Monday, June 2, 2008

37...

No, I'm not 37! I won't have that honor for 7 more years! 37 in this case was how low Ryann's blood sugar was this afternoon! YIKES! She wasn't even acting all that funny too, well maybe a little onry...but not enough that I thought she was that low! So imagine my surprise when I sit them all down for lunch and check her blood sugar and I get this number! I did it twice to just be sure. So I gave her a juice box, and she got back up to 136...then of course the only thing she wanted to eat was salad! Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that my kids like to eat healthy foods...but in this case I wanted her to eat something that had some carbs in it (salad really doesn't have carbs...well not enough for it to really matter). So she ended up eating 3 helpings of salad and didn't want anything else...so guess she isn't going to be getting a shot for lunch. I'll just have to keep an eye on that blood sugar through out the day. Think we are going to be making some more adjustments to her insulin. She has been going low atleast once a day if not more and that is not good!

No comments: