Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day of School!














First day of school, first day of school! *picture me jumping up and down on the kids like Nemo does to his Dad in the movie Finding Nemo* Okay, it didn't really start out quite like that. They all got up resonable well for me though...think they were excited! I didn't have any complaining or fighting at all this morning, boy was that nice! They both looked pretty spiffy in their new clothes too. And believe it or not I had all the kids dressed and fed and could of walked out the door with all of them by 8:00 if I had too (school starts at 8:45). Grammy came over to watch the three youngest so that Doug and I could take Doogie and Jayde to school and make sure they got to where they were supposed to be. Doogie (I am so proud of him) couldn't find his name tag on his desk like all the other kids and instead of freaking out and getting upset about it he waited patiently until the teacher came into the room, raised his hand and very politely told her that he couldnt' find his name tag. And those of you who know Doogie, know how he can get if he gets upset or frustrated...so I was so proud of him for being so calm and starting off in the right way.

It's really quiet over here...amazing how much of a difference missing just two kids can make. It was weird dropping Jayde off and knowing she will be there for the whole day. It will be even stranger when Jaxon and Ryann start school and on some mornings I'll only have two or one child. I think I'll be running my errands on those days!

1 comment:

Stacy Morgan said...

So cute! I love the pictures, hope they had a great day.