Monday, May 26, 2008

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

I think our warm weather is coming back for the week, hopefully it will stick around for a while. It got up into the high 80's. I think we are going to get some rain though, but the temps are still supposed to stay up in the high 70's low 80's.

We spent most of the afternoon down at the house trying to get stuff done. Doug worked on getting the rest of the drawers done and installed in the kitchen while I worked on doing the touch up paint. I got the kitchen, living room, hallway and our bedroom done (though I think I'm going to have to do another coat on our room on the edges since the original paint was dark). So now I need to still do a second coat of paint in our bathroom plus touch up and touch up in the kids room and than do their accent colors. I must of strained my wrist something good from all the painting this weekend. I have a lump on my arm a little bit pass my wrist and it is pretty painful. I'm thinking I must of strained something...I have a hard time picking things up (even pretty light things), and than moving my wrist side to side is also painful. So I'm going to have to try and rest it so it will heal up so that I can finish up my painting! Though it is pretty hard to rest it when you have 5 kids to take care of! Guess I'm going to have to start using my left hand more!

Than later this afternoon/evening we headed for the pool and had some fun. The kids were having a blast having Doug throw them in. I got some pretty good shots of them flying through the air! I will have to get the pictures off my camera and get them uploaded for you to see. But I probably wont get around to that until tomorrow.

It's back to school for Doogie and Jayde tomorrow, they only have about 12 days left and than it is summer for us! Doogie has an end of the year picnic the day before the last day of school, and I'm not sure if Jayde's class has anything planned yet. So it should be alot of fun, and I know the kids are looking forward to school being done. Ryann was done last Wednesday, though unlike her brother and sister she is a little bummed about it being done with. But than if I had as much fun in school as she does I would be disapointed too!

No comments: