Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Goodbye Grandpa

Goodbye Grandpa, I'll miss you. My grandfather passed away this past Sunday and though we all knew it was coming (the doctor's had given him 3 weeks) it is still hard to come to the realization that he is actually gone. I'm sad that I won't be able to see him again, sad that the last time we saw them CJ was just a little baby...I wish we could of gotten over there more to visit. I'm sad that he won't see my brother get married next weekend and I'm sad that I won't be able to go to his funeral and say goodbye.

I've been trying to stay focused on the good times/memories I have of my Grandfather. I like to remember his smile, it brings a smile to my face just thinking about it. I think one of my fondest memories of my Grandfather was during one of their visits at Christmas. The tree was up, and we all had been snagging candy canes off of it. I remember watching my Grandfather pick one off the tree and then sitting down on the couch. He started sucking on that candy cane and sucking and sucking... he then pulled it back out of his mouth and asked if these candy canes were wrapped! Oh, how we all laughed about that. He replied with a "well I was wondering why I couldn't taste anything!" I also remember the camping trips and hanging out with them during summer break. I wish I had continued those trips over to see them as I got older, but you know how kids get when they get older...they want to do things with their friends.

So goodbye Grandpa. I love you and you will be missed.

No comments: