Thursday, January 15, 2009

My New Year's Resolutions

Yes, I know I'm a little late with these...but better late than never! Of course the biggest resolution will be to keep all of my other resolutions! These are in no particular order, just putting them down as I think of them!

1. Have more patience. With 5 kids this is a big one! I have to admit that there are days I have reached my breaking point and I'm ready to throw in the towel. So yes, having more patience with the kids (okay, and Doug too!) is a big one.

2. Stop procratinating. I do this alot (and I highly doubt that this will be a resolution that I will keep very well!) You see I'm procratinating right now...I should really be cleaning my house and doing laundry but I decided to put that off so I could write all of this instead!

3. More family time. Sometimes I get so busy doing all of the many things that need to be done that I forget to just take it easy and spend it with Doug and the kids.

4. Take more pictures. I haven't been getting my camera out too much, I think it's because I like to use the natural light and not a flash. So with the weather being cold it's harder to get outside with the kids and get pictures of them playing. So the other half of this resolution would than be...don't forget to post the pictures for everyone to see!

5. Get more serious about my photography. Since I really would like to turn my love of photography into a career, I really need to pick up my camera more and just get to know it. Than I need to bug all of my family and friends and have them let me take their pictures!

6. Exercise. I know this one is pretty generic, but I think everyone can say this. And I really do need to start exercising again.

7. Start going to church again. This one I think I will have help with since my Mother-In-Law wants to do this as well. In fact we went a couple weeks ago and had a good time. I hadn't been to that church in so long that they had gotten a new preacher in that time. I really liked his sermons though and it felt really good to be going back.

8. Do a better job at keeping in touch with people. This is hard for me. It's not that I don't want to keep in touch with people, it's just that I hate calling people! I'm a shy person...don't tell me you didn't notice that! Not to mention every time I even pick the phone up someone starts screaming! Being on Facebook and Myspace though has helped some with this, I have gotten back in touch with lots of friends from highschool and many still live in the area. Now I just need to actually meet up with them!

9. Get off the computer. Ooops, never mind...I really shouldn't even put this one down because there's just no way this one is going to happen! I should revise it to, spend less time on the computer...I might be able to do that...

10. Start getting crafty again. I used to scrapbook alot, but since moving and all of my stuff being packed up it's been tough getting back into it again. Though I do miss it! I need to get down there (to my scrapbook/computer room) and finishing unpacking and organizing my things so I can get busy!

Okay, well those are all that I can think of at the moment (though I'm sure there are more resolutions I could and should make!) Maybe I'll start adding them as I think of them! Oh wait, here's one!

11. Update my blog more often with an update and pictures! I know that sometimes I can go weeks without updating and I need o get better at doing that. Not only so that you can see what we are up to but it is also a great way for me to remember what happened when if I write it down! And I do need to start posting more pictures (think I had that in one of my other resolutions!)

So I could promise you that the next time I update my blog I will post pictures...but I would hate to break my promise. Sometimes I just don't have any good pictures to share...either because the kids weren't cooperating for the camera or I just hadn't been taking any pictures. Of course if I stick to my resolutions than I suppose that problem will go away!

No comments: