Wednesday, December 10, 2008

O' Christmas Tree...

We finally got our tree up last night. I broke down and finally let Doug get a fake tree... It actually looks really nice though I do miss the smell of pine (guess I'll just have to get a pine air freshener or something!) It came pre-lit so that was nice not to have to hassle with putting lights up. The kids were so excited to get the tree up and help decorate it. Of course CJ thinks it's his mission in life to undecorate it (maybe after Christmas I'll let him help with that!). So between CJ and the cats it's been fun trying to keep the ornaments on and unbroken (the cats are ahead with one broken ornament!) I'll try to post some pictures later of the tree and the kids decorating, I didn't get too many since I was decorating as well.

I thought I would have to make another trip to the ER last night...with Jayde this time. I was downstairs doing laundry and heard this huge crash, since my hands were covered in soap, I asked Doogie to run up and see what was going on (nobody was crying). He came back down and told me that they were just playing... A few minutes later I heard it again so I went running up there (this time there was some crying). I go into the girl's room and Jayde was sitting/lying on the floor grabbing her leg/foot and crying. I knew immediately what that loud noise had been then...she was jumping off the top bunk of the bed! I asked her didn't she know better than that (which she of course responded with no). So I checked her foot over and luckily it wasn't broken (and believe me she is lucky she didn't break something). And with Jayde being such a great actress it can sometimes be difficult to tell just how badly she is hurt. So I got her to the couch and had her hold an ice pack to her foot for a while. When Doug got home with the tree she was so excited that she forgot to limp! So I was pretty sure then that she had just jarred it and probably scared herself in the process. She was complaining about her foot being sore this morning, but she wasn't limping...

Wednesday's are Jaxon's preschool days (along with of course Doogie and Jayde and Ryann). Usually he is really excited about going to school, but he had a rough night last night and had trouble sleeping (which meant he ended up in bed with me). When we got to school he didn't want me to leave, so I stayed with him during their outside time (they start the day that way) and when it was time to come in and do music and broke away...and he screamed, and screamed, and screamed! So I ended up hanging out in the preschool office for a while since I wanted to make sure he calmed down...let me repeat that he never does this at school. I could hear him screaming on and off for their whole music and the preschool director went and checked on him and said that he was one pissed off little boy! LOL! Guess he was lying on the floor next to the door just kicking it and screaming! So we were hoping that when they went back in the room and get distracted with all the activities...but that didn't work either. His teacher was trying really hard to distract him, she sat down near him and just started to read a book....every once in a while he would lift his head up from the table and would listen, but then he would start screaming/crying again and his nose was getting pretty snotty. So I decided that I would just take him home, he is at the tail end of a cold and just wasn't at his best. I went in his classroom and was talking to some of the other parent helpers in there before he noticed me when he finally noticed me his little face just lit up and crumpled at the same time (he was happy to see me, but still just so upset!) and he called out my name and just ran over to me and held on. When we got home he just vegged on the couch for most of the morning, so guess it was good I took him home with me.

Hmmm...what else...well since I've had a few people ask me what the kids like and what sizes they wear, etc... I'll just go ahead and add it on here as well...

Doogie: size:10/12loves legos, bionicles, dragons, reptiles, amphibians... Not sure what his favorite color is right now, but he does like green,blue,red, black....

Jayde: size 7/8loves girly stuff, princesses, tinkerbell, dress-up, animals (horses are her favorite), favorite color: Purple

Ryann: size 5/6Loves all the same stuff Jayde does, really loves Dogs and favorite color: Pink

Jaxon: size 4Tloves to build with blocks and legos, play with cars and trucks, balls, loves Blue's Clues, Max and Ruby and Elmo. Right now his favorite color is Red (but that varies from week to week...last favorite was green and before that blue...) :)

CJ: size 24mo/2THe likes pretty much everything Jaxon likes, he likes to play with cars, balls and manipulate things with his hands. He is a very busy little guy and never stops moving!

Poor Doogie had a rough day yesterday... it was showing tell at school and he had brought one of the bionicles that he had designed and made himself to show. Half way through the day he got in trouble because he wouldn't stop playing with it at his desk so he was told to go put it away. He put it in the coat room and when he want back to get it after school it was gone. He hadn't put it away in his bag and left it out in plain view and someone took it. So he was pretty upset and it took me a while to get him calmed down when I got there. His teacher was helping to look for it and also one of the other mom's but no luck. We're hoping that someone will turn it in, but I'm not holding my breath. So unfortunately he had to learn a lesson the hard way of what can happen to his things, and also how much it can hurt a person when their things are stolen...

Well I can't think of anything else super exciting right now, and I hear Mr. CJ stirring...

No comments: