Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

It's times like these when you like to sit back and think about all that you are thankful for. Now while I'm always thankful for our friends and family and of course our health...I believe I'm extremely blessed to have such a great husband and 5 beautiful children. Now Doug and I have our moments like any married couple where we butt heads and don't always see eye to eye, and we both have our stubborn streaks and a bit of a temper...but I wouldn't trade him in for anything or anyone in the world! Because no matter what happens in our lives we are there for each other...guess you could say we are one unit! Where one person is weak, the other is strong and when one of us can't find the words the other can. So I guess what I'm trying to say is "Thank you Doug, for making me the luckiest woman alive. I love you so much and I'm so blessed to have you in my life and I'm going to enjoy growing old with you!"

Alright, alright...enough mushiness for now! Now on to other Christmasy stuff! Unbelievably the kids actually slept in this morning and weren't up at the crack of dawn! I think it had something to do with the fact that they were all up late last night. We do our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve that way everyone can just relax and enjoy being together on Christmas without trying to rush around and get a big dinner on the table. So we had everyone over for dinner last night and I think the kids finally got to bed around 10 last night! Then Christmas morning we just have our family Christmas where we do our presents and spend time together and than later in the afternoon the rest of the family can come over and exchange gifts if they would like. It's a nice tradition that we have decided to start and we cherish our personal family time together. It's such a joy to watch the kids open their presents and see their faces light up. Christmas just isn't Christmas without a child (or children) around. They just make the season so much more magical for us all. The funny thing was the kids didn't even want to tear into their presents until we had opened up the gifts that they had made for us at school. They were just so excited to show us what they had done and I (and Doug) will treasure their gifts forever. Because right there, shows what Christmas is about (well part of it anyways!) it's about giving to other people more than the receiving. And it just warms my heart to see them so excited to give more than to receive their own gifts.

And now I am off to go and spend some more time with my children. And to just enjoy this special time with them...because it just goes by too fast!! So Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you are able to spend it with family and friends. And I promise to post pictures soon! :)

No comments: