Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 85 of 365

A girl can never have too much bling (even on their shoes)!


Today I had to say goodbye to another important man in my life. He passed away just a couple days after my Uncle. How do you say goodby to two men who helped shape you into the person you are today?

Etoy was like another Dad to me. We lived basically around the corner from eachother and his youngest daughter and I became good friends. I have a ton of stories and memories of Etoy. He wanted me to play softball for him, I was playing soccer at the time and was happy with where I was at...but he saw something in me and kept working on me until I said "Ok!" I'm glad he kept at me though, I wouldn't trade my softball years for anything. I made so many great friendships because of it and learned so much from Etoy. I not only learned about softball, I learned alot about myself and who I was. Etoy was a strong person, didn't take any bull and would tell you straight out what he thought. He passed away after battling cancer for three years, he was a fighter. I ran into him about a year ago, he was out taking a walk around the neighborhood and I was just leaving my parents house. It was good to have been able to talk to him and I'm glad that I had that moment. So while we celebrated his life today, I will always morn his passing and remember all that he has taught me and the great memories we had.

No comments: