Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 70 of 365

Jayde and Ryann kept themselves occupied and out of trouble by playing on my cell phone this weekend. They discovered that my phone will do videos so they were having a blast making little movies of eachother and other things and then they would sit and watch them and just crack up at them.

Watching them laughing helped me alot through this really rough week. I know it wasn't easy for them to watch me and their Grandma cry and though we explained to them what was going on I'm not sure just how much they actually grasped. My Uncle was such a wonderful person, so full of life that it has been really difficult for me to come to grips with his passing especially since it just happened so fast. I have so many wonderful memories of my Uncle and I will always cherish those memories of him. I just regret that we didn't get together more often and talk more. One of my favorite childhood memories of him was when I was probably around Ryann's age (though I would have to ask my mom to double check) and he was in town visiting us. Now my Mom swears that it didn't happen this way, but this is the way it happened in my memory. I was sleeping (we used to have bunk beds and I was on the bottom) and my Uncle went to go wake me up, he scared the bejeebes out of me because he was in a gorilla suit! Now while my mom agrees that he did go and wake me up and it did scare the bejeebes out of me he wasn't in a gorilla costume! I on the other hand will always swear that he was! One of my most recent memories of him was just a couple years ago at my brother's wedding. They had their wedding at Seaside, OR on the beach and during the morning/early afternoon before the ceremony we all got together and went over to the aquarium. It didn't take long for my children to figure out that Uncle Paul was a softy for children! They were soon hitting him up for money to buy fish to feed the seals and he was happily handing it out! I'm so very thankful he was able to come to the wedding and that we were able to spend that time with him. My Uncle Paul was a wonderful person and though we didn't get to see him as much as I would of liked, I know that if I had ever needed anything he would of been there in a heartbeat. That was just the kind of person he was. I know he touched many people's lives and he will be so greatly missed. I love you Uncle Paul.

No comments: