Thursday, October 16, 2008

Apple Orchard






Yesterday I got the great honor of being one of the chaperones for Jayde's field trip to the apple orchard. It was alot of fun to go and I'm glad that I had the opportunity to do it with her. We got a tour through their factory and saw how the sorted and cleaned and boxed up the apples. Then they took us out to the orchard where our guide quizzed us a little on apples (such as did you know that the granny smith apple came from Australia?) I think the funniest part was that they let everyone each pick two apples to take back home with them. So we learned the proper way to pick an apple, which is 1. lift the apple up 2. twist and 3. pull this way we don't ruin the bud for next years crop. Jayde was of course excited about the fact that she technically got to take home 4 apples since I was there. We haven't had a chance to taste on yet (I still need to wash them really well) but I'm sure they will be delicious! I'm hoping that maybe we can take a family outing out to the apple orchard sometime to pick some apples. The next field trip is in November for Doogie's class, they get to go watch a musical (The Twelve Dancing Princessess). Doogie isn't super excited about going to it (because he thinks it is s girl show!) but I told him that I would be going too and I thought that he might be surprised and actually enjoy it!

No comments: