Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lions, Tigers and Bears....

Oh my! Okay, there weren't any lions and tigers...or bears for that matter. Just a cute baby zebra and kangaroo! A friend of mine let the word out that there was a baby zebra and kangaroo at one of the nursery's that just opened up this past weekend. So we of course had to go and check it out (and no, before you ask I didn't get any pictures *kicking myself* so I will have to remember that for next time.) The Zebra was being a bit shy, I guess she had just woken up from a nap and wasn't feeling very social...but we did get to pet her a little and of course see her. Since Lulu (that's the zebra's name) wasn't being social the owner brought out Roscoe (the baby racoon) and he was perfectly happy with the owner holding him in his pouch while the kids and I petted him. So I guess I'm going to have to start shopping for my flowers/plants at this new nursery so that we can visit with Lulu and Roscoe and watch them grow up! They are still getting started, so they don't have a lot of stuff yet, but it looks like it will be really nice once they start going and they have alot of cute knick knacks and what not as well! Not to mention the lady who owned the place was really nice.

No comments: