Sunday, March 15, 2009

I am pumped!!





I had the privilege of photographing my brother and soon to be sis-in-law last Thursday for their wedding announcements. This was my first real "official" photo-shoot and even though was still family it was someone other than my kids and they are going to use these pictures to send out to family and friends...so I wanted to do the best job I could and I hope they are happy with some of the shots I got of them. I hope I was able to portray the love that they feel for each other.

Anyways, though I digress... I posted these same pictures on Facebook and a friend of mine from preschool (her daughter is in Ryann's class and her son is in Jaxon's) asked me if I was a photographer as well as a full time mom! She wanted to know if I would be willing to take "professional" (yes, I just loved that!) pictures of her kids for Mother's Day presents for the Grandparents...and she hoped she didn't offend me by asking! Offend me? Heck no, that is one of the best compliments a person who is trying to get into photography can get! So I of course said I would be thrilled to practice on her children! So I guess this is how these things get going...word of mouth and seeing pictures that you have done for someone else. I'm also going to be photographing a dear friend of mine's children as well once the weather warms up some more (as well as some family pictures). So I'm a bit excited!! You can see more pictures of my first photo shoot on my photography blog!

1 comment:

Robynn's Ravings said...

They do, indeed, look as if they are very happy and in love. Very dear photos. Nice job!

Found you on Pw's while strolling around. Always like to visit blogs I've never been to. You have a DARLING family! Blessings!