Thursday, September 10, 2009

Catching up!

I just realized that I never posted Ryann's first day of school pictures, but blogger isn't letting me load them for some reason so I will try again later. She is really liking Kindergarten. It just amazes me how grown up she looks standing in line with the other kids getting ready to go in! So far they are all having a great time in their new classes, playing with old friends and making some new ones. Jaxon and CJ will start preschool next week. Yesterday was their orientation, they got to hang out with their teacher while I got to sit in a parent meeting.

Doogie, Jayde and Ryann are also playing soccer. Of course they are all on different teams so it makes it interesting getting them all to practice (on Tuesdays Doogie and Jayde both have practice). They all have their first games this weekend. It's a good thing they all play at the same place so I won't be running around quite as much trying to watch all of the games!

Doogie is also doing Cub Scouts. He went to his first meeting last week. The only problem is one of the parents was being extremely rude when she saw Doogie was there. Doogie and her son were in the same class last year at school and they had some problems getting along. Now I know Doogie isn't perfect and he has his moments but this other boy has alot of issues. So when she showed up with her son and saw Doogie and then preceded to say "I thought we wouldn't have to see his face ever again after we left that school" (I guess they switched schools) she was totally out of line and extremely rude to say that especially in front of everyone. I wasn't there, otherwise I probably would of had something to say to her. Doug had never met her before so he wasn't sure what was going on and if she was joking or serious. But after a few other comments he heard her make he realized that she was. Her son than preceded to have a few melt downs during the cub scout meeting and cause some problems of his own. I told Doogie not to let them ruin this for him. And Doug also talked to some of the den leaders about it as well. So we will see what happens at the next meeting (I believe they only meet once a month.) I might even have to make it to the meeting myself!

Last weekend we took our last camping trip of the year. We went back up to La Wis Wis again. This time however, it was a total disaster of a trip! We went with some people that we had gone with a couple times before. Not only did it rain on us the entire time, but the tension in our campsite could be cut with a knife! I think some of it had to do with the fact that we decided to share the same campsite this time so we wouldn't have to keep going back and forth so everyone was right on top of each other (especially with it raining we were all stuck underneath the tarp with everyone.) I think the only time we had fun was when we went off and did things alone without them. We went over to Packwood on Saturday for the big Flea Market they have there every Labor Day. We had a great time walking around looking at things (even in the pouring rain) and we walked out with a very sweet and gorgeous golden retriever puppy. I don't think our camping partner was as thrilled about sharing the campsite with a puppy as his kids were though. We had a tough time with his kids causing problems for everyone else and then they wouldn't listen to us (or really even their dad for that matter). Him and his kids weren't being very nice to the dog and Doug even had to get on his boys for being mean to her. The boys would play with the sticks in the fire (something I didn't want my kids doing) and then one of them took out one of the sticks they were playing with and ended up getting Doogie on the arm with it! The same boy also stabbed Doogie with his pencil in the foot when they were sitting in the tent trailer coloring and he also hit Doogie with a stick right on the hand! Most of this happened on the very first day too! So needless to say Doug and I were getting a tad bit annoyed. The final straw though was the final day, Doug and him were packing up the campsite and I was going to go and take the puppy for a walk to get her to go potty and tire her out before the car ride home. I was just going to take my kids along with me but the next thing I knew his boys were walking along with us. The youngest one (he's six) gets babied big time by the dad. He saw this big stick while we were walking and wanted to take it back to our campsite for more firewood. He wouldn't listen to any of us when we told him that we didn't need anymore wood because we were getting ready to go home and insisted on dragging it along with him slowing everyone down since we would have to stop numerous times so he could catch up with us. I finally had had enough of it when we reached the corner and we were going to turn and head back down to our campsite. We waited once again for him to catch up and again tried to get him to just leave the stick there. He ignored us and then made it worse by turning around and walking back in the other direction! I then told him that I wasn't going to play this game with him and that we were walking this way and that we were leaving. He still ignored me and kept going. So I told him goodbye that we were going and started walking. The rest of the kids (including his older brother) came along with me. We walked back to the campsite and while we were walking I informed his brother that if they weren't going to listen to me than they couldn't walk with us anymore. When we got back to the campsite the guys were just about done and the boys dad immediately asked where his other son was (I forgot to mention that I could see him walking in the opposite direction through the trees while we were walking back to the campsite). I told them what happened (oh and also forgot to say that while I was having this stand off with the boy that Ryann started saying her tummy hurt, which usually means something is going on with her blood sugar so I wanted to get her back to the camp). He got all upset and starting saying things like "he's only 6, he doesn't know how to get back to the campsite" and things like that (which is a bunch of bull, all the kids know this whole campground like the back of their hand they have been there many times). Then he got mad at his other son who is 8 for not staying with his brother. They went storming off down the road looking for him, then decided to come back and get in the truck and look for him. Not long after they drove off the boy in question made it back to the campsite dragging his big stick behind him. Doug stopped him and told him that he wasn't going to be allowed to go walking with us anymore since he didn't listen to me (or anyone for that matter). He didn't really seem to care all that much though. I finished helping Doug get things packed up. When the dad and other son got back a few minutes later he hopped out and pulled the boy aside and had a talk with him and had him sit in the truck while he finished getting things loaded up. He didn't say another word to me, he did say goodbye to Doug though. So I guess I'm the evil person who left his 6 year old son behind. I honestly was fed up though, and really the only other option was for me to have gone after him (dragging all the other kids, one who's blood sugar was doing goofy stuff, not to mention a puppy) but even then I don't know what good that would of done, he obviously wasn't listening to me and he's not my kid so I can't just grab his arm and make him do what I want him to do. So really if he wants to blame someone he should be blaming his child for not listening and also himself for letting his child behave in that manner. So that my friends was our camping trip from hell. I don't think we'll be camping with them anymore!

Now to top off my already crappy weekend, I now have caught a nasty head cold (I think I might actually have a sinus infection). So I'm having alot of fun... So as soon as I get Ryann off to Kindergarten in a bit I'm going to take a nap! My mom is watching the little guys for me (and the puppy) so I can actually get some rest and Doug is going to pick the kids up from school for me.

No comments: